Friday, July 18, 2008

Thing 15: Online Games

This one is on gaming. This is something I have never gotten into. I don't like video games of any sort. So I am not too excited to try this one out but oh well, it is worth it to see what others are up to online. I decided to try Puzzle Pirates I had to download some software which I am not too excited about doing too since it took almost 7 minutes - maybe my children will do this someday so I should know what is going on with online gaming.

Maybe because I am inexperienced but his was way to difficult for me. I had no clue what to do. I just started clicking on things and eventually I got to be a Carpenter and fix boards on the deck. It was a little like pentominos and I had to fit puzzle pieces. It was okay – but not too challenging – wondering why you have to be 13 to play this game. I also don’t like violence or shooting so I was worried I would have to use a gun/canon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Erica, Here is an article on the use of games for learning: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/730440.stm

Marc Prensky has written an interesting book about it, and also has this resource:http://www.marcprensky.com/dgbl/Prensky%20-%20Selected%20URLs(web).htm