Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thing 6: Online Image Generator

I took a look at what Carleton College librarians have done using image generators http://apps.carleton.edu/campus/library/help/help/liaisons/cards/, and I think that my students would get a hoot out of creating a superhero trading card identity. I would like to interfuse more creativity into my curriculum and I think this is an easy assignment I could give my students to do even at home. All of my students have Internet access at home, and we have limited lab time available in school but I think after a quick demo using a proxima my students could go home and play with these creative photo image websites. I would have to think about having their image not in a public site, maybe within my moodle classroom it would work out just fine to create links for students to view other students cards.

Actually the Big Huge Labs trading cards were limited with the creativity options. I would do some other searches for ones more like the Carleton College one. I did try to do the one on Image Chef where you can make license plates. My 4th graders might do a storybook travel idea and read books from across the USA using a travel theme. They could log their books this way. I did one for Wisconsin.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

On Wisconsin!
I'm heading to Madison for the fireworks tomorrow, then on to Ohio.
Good luck trying more things!

Nice Guy said...

I hate being limited templates with a good picture generator, so I made my own on www.ImageGenerator.org!