Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thing 19: Podcasts

Okay, I was really excited to do this Thing because I have wanted to do podcasts with my students all year long. In fact I almost submitted an Ed Fund on this topic of technology integration. I would like to have my students submit podcasts of book talks. I thought students would like to post their talks and listen to other student’s ones. I think it has leadership potential and I am going to start it next year.

So to test it out, I went to Minnesota Public Radio’s Podcasts and I clicked on Grammar Grater. Grammar Grater™ is a weekly podcast about English words, grammar and usage for the Information Age.

First I had to download Real Audio, but then it streamed very easily and I ended up adding the RSS feed to my blog along my side bar.

Another podcast, I happened upon when using Yahoo Podcasts searching using “children book chats” I found the Horn Book Podcasts and I linked up an RSS feed to my site. I am getting more comfortable with adding these all the time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Erica,
We have 5 licenses per building at the elementary level for a program called "ToolFactory". You could also use gcast or gabcast for student podcasting. Molly or I would be happy to assist.