Friday, July 18, 2008

Thing 16: Research Project Calculator

The Research Project Calculator seems like a good idea in that it can help a student get organized with the process. A student would have to be a student who is internally motivated like online students are. They would be able to adhere to the deadlines and the email notices. If it was a student who had did difficulty with this they actually may need a physical teacher who makes them accountable for the deadlines of eth process. Since I am an elementary teacher for grades 3-5 I could see using a hybrid model of this. Meaning I would have my students log in and see how to use it but then I would help them manage it. We will be doing a Nobel Laureate Peace Project and my students will do research on one and this could help them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Erica,
I like the phrase "hybrid model". I think exposing students to a calculator like this, and possibly modifying it as a group to fit your needs would be a great model for the students!
I look forward to hearing how it goes...

Wally said...

I also like the idea of a "hybrid". Any ideas on how this could look for elementary age kids? Interesting...