Friday, July 11, 2008

Thing 9: Online Collaboration Tools

I have wanted to use Google Docs for a long time, so this is a great excuse to try it out!

I uploaded a poetry assignment that I have had my 4th graders when I was a classroom teacher, but I might use it with my gifted 3rd graders. I then shared it with myself at my work email address. When I logged on 2 minutes later it wasn't there, so I am not sure how long it will take. But I am curious to see what it would look like when emailed.

I think there could be potential to use this when sharing documents with my students or with parents of my students. I could post assignments using this and it would be available to my students at home or I could post a newsletter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Erica,
Feel free to share the document with me, and I can collaborate with you. It does take some time for the e-mail to go through. Our CoP used Google Docs this year to report on what they had done, here.